Boss BBQ Thai Snapper – A super easy smash hit on any BBQ!
People that know me know that when it comes to food I have two true loves, Thai food and anything cooked on a BBQ.
So why not combine the two and create some dishes with a Thai twist! if your like me you will love the sweet chilli goodness of this Thai Snapper on the BBQ hot plate.
Share and like, give it a go and let me know what your thoughts are, I love this dish!
- 1 Medium-Sized snapper
- 3/4 cup of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of soft brown sugar
Marinade – 10 min’s
Marinate for no more than 3 hours (20 minutes or so if your short on time).
Approx 20 Minutes
- Fill the cavity of your snapper with coriander
- combine garlic,fish sauce and chilli sauce, soy, spring onions (shallots), ginger juice and sugar in a jug and mix well
- Pour Marinade over the fish and cover for up to 3 hours
- Fire up the BBQ hot plate ensuring its sizzling hot
- Place the fish on lightly greased hot plate for about 15 – 20 minutes turning at least once
– keep a close eye on the fish as you don’t want it to stick to the hot plate and burn
– If its sticking turn the direct heat down or move the fish away from the flame
Note: you can also opt to wrap the fish in foil and indirect bake
- continuously brush the fish with the marinade as its cooking to drive additional flavour into the dish and serve with some BBQ Citrus Wedges.
you will know the fish is ready when you can separate the flesh of the fish easily with a fork (the flesh should be opaque
Trust me this will be a go to fish dish in the future as its awesome.