Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Ok Bosses, are you looking for a quick and easy way to dial up your BBQ abilities with little to no effort? well try our Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus on for size.
This is a simple dish that will stand up as a great entrée or second listing served alongside the main itself.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 – 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6 but easily expandable
2 bunches of asparagus spears
14-16 slices of prosciutto
2 cloves garlic, minced (optional if you like a garlic twist to your meals)
1/2 cup olive oil (or olive oil spray)
Step 1 –
- Preheat your BBQ grill up to a medium to high heat.
Step 2 –
- Crack or trim the ends off of each of your asparagus shoots (these are the woody bits on the end).
- If required cut your prosciutto slices into strips then wrap onto each asparagus spear.Tip: As the BBQ can easily dry out your asparagus spears on cooking I recommend grouping into bunches of two to three spears, then wrap with prosciutto from a fingers width from the base up to two or three fingers width from the top of each set of asparagus.
- Brush each spear (or group) with oil and season with black pepperOptional: Add minced garlic to the olive oil to add a garlic tangent to your prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- Place your Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus onto grill and cook for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure it does not dry outTip: Your aiming to get an impression of the grill on each
- Remove from heat and serve immediately
Best Served Hot