Ever Heard Of A Karubecue
According to its creator Bill Karau the Karubecue is a small, one of a kind one man operation.
In short its a smoker that’s … low ‘n slow … Texas mesquite.
A PIT that consists of 3 primary parts
1) The Firebox
2) The Control Box
3) The Cook Box
Karubecue has some pretty big fans as well!!
- AmazingRibs.com’s “Favorite Backyard Smoker”: “The amazing KBQ is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing.”
- Winner of Hearth & Home’s 2016 Vesta Award for Innovation; cited by three James Beard Foundation Award winners.
- Burns REAL WOOD, not refined gases, electric heat, or pre-pyrolyzed or reconstituted fuels, which are chosen for their ease-of-control and in spite of their aromatic inferiority.
- The C-60’s Inverted Flame™ Firebox makes thin blue smoke automatically, and its AutoDraft™ Controller maintains temperature automatically.
- Invented, designed, and made in Texas by a veteran USN submariner. Laser-cut, stainless steel construction throughout.
- A grill
- The act of grilling
- Food that has been grilled
- A get-together that involves a grill
At the time of writing this the owner/designer Bill Karau still makes these one of a kind smokers out of his garage, so availability is very limited. With that said he is exploring manufacturing opportunities with large, established BBQ manufacturing companies with a view to one day mass producing the Karubecue at a lower price point.